Setting up Plant and Seed Swaps--the 2nd round

  • Subject: [cg] Setting up Plant and Seed Swaps--the 2nd round
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:44:55 -0500

I asked about this earlier and so far have gotten requests to share info
which I would gladly do.  However so far there has been no info about how
various groups conduct their plant swaps.  So....anyone do plant and seed
swaps?  Would you let us in on how you like to do them?

For those that set up plant and seed swaps, how do you organize them?  We'd
like to do one at a meeting, where we'd have about 30 minutes to do the
swap, and one on a garden work day where it could be done for a longer
period of time.  Some things that are important to us:

Good selection over all the group
Info as to specifically what something is stays connected to plant or seeds
People can acquire some diversity
Orderly trade so trade is fair and no injuries occur
A way to include people who speak many different languages
Things other people have learned from experience that we haven't thought of.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net