termite mulch

  • Subject: [cg] termite mulch
  • From: Sunnye Dreyfus wormjava@gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:32:23 -0500

Has anyone heard about this?

Sunnye

Click here: LSU AgCenter . Formosan Subterranean Termites Portal
   If you use mulch around your house be very careful about buying
mulch this year. After the hurricane in New Orleans many trees were
blown over. These trees were then turned into mulch and the state is
trying to get rid of tons and tons of this mulch to any state or
company who will come and haul it away. So it will be showing up in
Home Depot and Lowes at dirt cheap prices with one huge problem;
Formosan Termites will be the bonus in many of those bags. New
Orleans is one of the few areas in the country were the Formosan
Termites has gotten a strong hold and most of the trees blown down
were already badly infested with those termites. Now we may have the
worst case of transporting a problem to all parts of the cou ntry
that we have ever had. These termites can eat a house in no time at
all and we have no good control against them, so tell your friends
that own homes to avoid cheap mulch and know were it came from.