Re: antibiotics in our food

  • Subject: Re: [cg] antibiotics in our food
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:41:36 -0500

Ken,

Fishfarmers have been adding antibiotics to their pools for a while now.  The trade-off, and it's always about trade-offs, are the mercury and toxic chemical levels that fish from the seas carry due to industral pollution.

I'm not surprised that catfish farmers would be adding antibiotics to their  tanks - they view this as a way of increasing yields, if not flavor.

And certainly not promoting the health of their consumers.

Never been much of a fan of catfish ( DamnYankee that I am) but this would just be another reason for me not to go to Popeyes.

Thanks for sharing this information,

Adam
from Hell's Kitchen