Community Garden and Kids Gardening Project

  • Subject: [cg] Community Garden and Kids Gardening Project
  • From: marymary897 marymary897@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:39:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello. I could use some help brainstorming about a new project we are starting at our church. We will have a Kids Gardening Camp this summer with hands on gardening projects for the kids enrolled. Any ideas??
  Also, as we build the new raised beds in a couple of weeks, we would like to involve the Youth Group of the church as sort of apprentices with the men building the beds. The youth can learn to use the saws and other tools to build the beds as well as how to place the beds, tilling the flat ground bed and other useful knowledge the men will pass on. Any ideas about how to get the kids involved?? What insurance concerns might we be looking at??
  There is a senior community, not part of the church, adjacent to the garden 1/2 acre lot. Any ideas on how we can get these elderly folks involved in the gardens??