Old Salem - Oldest US Community Garden

  • Subject: [cg] Old Salem - Oldest US Community Garden
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:50:21 -0500

Ellen Kirby told me about one of these, I think - Old Salem.

Adam Honigman
Hell's Kitchen, NYC

Bethabara Park
2147 Bethabara Road (off University Parkway)
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
910-924-8191
A colonial Moravian community vegetable garden, nature trails, and restored buildings.
Old Salem
924 S. Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101-5335
910-721-7360

A community garden in a restored 1766 Moravain village featuring vegetables, herbs, and fruit.

The Old Salem garden is probably the oldest community garden in America.
  Bethabara Park
2147 Bethabara Road (off University Parkway)
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
910-924-8191
A colonial Moravian community vegetable garden, nature trails, and restored buildings.
Old Salem
924 S. Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101-5335
910-721-7360

A community garden in a restored 1766 Moravian village featuring vegetables, herbs, and fruit.

Regards,

Adam Honigman
Hell's Kitchen, NYC