Re: SF Chronicle: Worldly Lessons Taught in Community Garden

  • Subject: Re: [cg] SF Chronicle: Worldly Lessons Taught in Community Garden
  • From: Worms4U@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:50:39 EST

Adam, Mike, Jack et al,
I am little surprised at John Hershey's understated humor. He went through
the Denver Master Composter training program last year, which I taught, & in
addition to being our newest board member at Denver Urban Gardens, wears more
hats, outfits & personna descriptions than the numerous springtails he
delights in showing off at our family worm classes at the compost demo site.  John
never advertises his talents--just seems to provide that natural additive  that
delights the senses, reminds us of the 'common unity' we strive for in
community gardens & provides many ways of celebrating the strength of  diversity.
Judy Elliott
Education & Community Empowerment Coordinator
Denver Urban Gardens
3377 Blake St. #113
Denver, CO 80205
check us out at: _www.dug.org_ (http://www.dug.org)