Re: [cg] What's Up in Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering

What is currently  being done by the genentic engineering of food crops is
some of the scariest and potentially most damaging stuff that I have ever
seen. For those of you who want to know more--and that should be EVERYONE
because it afects the  food we and all of our future generations will or
won't eat--check out these web sites. Do it quickly and react quickly. I'm
generally not a person that does the chicken little kind of thing, but this
is worthy of that approach.

<www.rachel.org>      look for bulletins # 637, 638, 639
<www.sustain.org/bulletins>     especially "Monsanto Monitor"
<www.purefood.org>      "Food Bytes #17: Global Resistance Against Monsanto"

It seems that Europe and India and much of the rest of the world except for
North America is already protesting this take -over bid for the world's food
supply by Monsanto. Why aren't we?
There are Global Days of Protest being planned April 15-30, especially
around April 22. The Food Bytes #17 has details. Do something.

Laura Berman
FoodShare Toronto
238 Queen St. West
Toronto, Ontario