Re: [cg] urban gardening in North Carolina

On 03/30/99 23:41:53 you wrote:

>I am trying to locate information on urban gardens in North Carolina,
>specifically around Asheville,  but I am unsure as where to look. Does
>anyone have an information that could point me in the right direction?
>
>Thank you- Tracy Newton

There's a group called MAGIC in Asheville doing CGs. They're apparently popular and effective. Shouldn't be hard to find their number.

Happy Gardening,

John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice
Ecosystem Farm
Accokeek, MD

BTW, if you don't know how to grow your own food you don't really have any clout, Y2K or not, so... LEARN!
How many millions of Americans live in poorly made, over-priced houses built on farm land, race twice daily at deadly speeds to and from a toxic city to do a job they don't really like in a plastic office so they can get money to give to someone else in order to eat food?

Food is power... are you in control of yours?