RE: evaluation

Please check out the discussions on garden evaluation and quantification in
the archives of this list serve
https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden. The is a very
interesting study being done for the St. Louis community gardening folks
that should be helpful.

We have a great deal of empirical knowledge about the effects of our
community garden on our area http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org ( less
drugs, neighborhood improvement, greater community cooperation of residents
across socio-economic lines, less crime, less prostitution, more vegetables,
less filling...) but the quantitative info is what sells elected and
appointed officials. Also, when there is real neighborhood support, the
garden becomes a litmus test issue for electeds and appointed officials.

Good  luck,

Adam Honigman,
Clinton Community Garden