And the ACGA Conference Costs How Much?

Hi, Folks!

I received a lovely little postcard from Ben Long of ACGA announcing the
Fall Conference in September in Atlanta.  Ben's postcard also mentioned that
the first participants who pay in full by the end of July get a free Atlanta
MetroPass for the conference.  However, the postcard neglected to say just
HOW MUCH the conference costs!

This looks suspiciously to me like Ben is hoping that we'll all send him
blank checks in return for an Atlanta MetroPass.  While perhaps mass transit
in Atlanta is worth any price, this has inspired me to set up my own little
extortion racket, even more intimately connected with the conference in
question.

Here's the deal:

ACGA has invited Agriculture Secretary Daniel Glickman to be the Keynote
Speaker at the Conference to unveil his plans for "Millennium Gardens."  If
you DON'T want me to stand up in the middle of his speech and yell "SHOW ME
THE MONEY, DAN!!!!", send me $10.  If I get *less* than the amount of the
conference (and the famous MetroPass), you all lose -- I'll come to the
conference anyway,  If I get *more* than the amount of the conference (and
of course, that transit pass), I'll consider myself richly "bought off" and
I'll stay home and polish my garlic.

The choice, my dear fellow community garden leaders, is yours! ;-D

Seriously, will someone tell me how much this conference costs?  I really
*would* like to go, but as I've already used up my "one-time conference
scholarship" and my church is surviving on God's grace, rather than cold
cash, I have to figure out how much I need to beat the hills for spare cash
(and/or the chance for my friends/neighbors/collegues to get me out of state
for a few days! ;-))

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of