FW: FW: nonprofit farm trucker sought, MA

FYI Darshell Silva RI Community Food Bank

-----Original Message-----
From: leila towry [mailto:leilat@oxy.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 4:53 PM
To: dsilva@rifoodbank.org
Subject: Re: FW: nonprofit farm trucker sought, MA

Hi there, my name is Leila Towry. I coordinate a Farmers' Market Salad Bar program with LA Unified Schools. Currently, we deliver the farm produce from the Farmers' Market with college vans. In the future this is not possible and so we have been exploring different models of deliver systems. I am currious as to how you organize this. Is all the produce from one farm or a cooperative of farms. Do you know of any models that work? Something like a non-profit brokerage? Just thought I would try you! Thanks!-Leila

At 10:08 AM 5/15/00 -0400, you wrote:

>FYI Darshell Silva

>Community Outreach Coordinator

>RI Community Food Bank

>PO Box 1325

>West Warwick, RI 02893

>(401) 826-3073 extension 237

>Job Opening for Restaurant Delivery Driver

>Nesenkeag Farm is seeking an enthusiastic, responsible, detail-oriented

>driver with impeccable driving record.

>Job description includes organizing orders, loading truck, delivering

>farm-grown organic produce to some of Southern NH and Boston's finest

>restaurants.

>Truck is Ford 350 (standard gear) with 10 ft refrigerated box. Does not

>require special driver license.

>Nesenkeag Farm is NH's largest certified organic farm located between

>Manchester and Nashua on the east bank of the Merrimack River in Litchfield.

>Incorporated as a charitable and educational nonprofit, income from

>Nesenkeag's restaurant sales contribute to the farm's production of fresh

>produce to low income urban residents and its educational outreach on

>sustainable agriculture in New England.

>Job duration June thru October. Please contact 603-429-3163 or

>pianofarm@tellink.net for more information.

Leila Towry

Healthy Schools Coordinator

Community Food Security Project