garden carts

A word on garden carts...the type with solid rubber tires usually come with mag wheels rather than spokes.  At Eagle Heights, we broke 4 of 6 carts with mag wheels during their first season.  they don't hold up under a full cart load of dirt if you try to turn on a dime or push it slowly along an uneven path.  I forget the manufacturer, but they told us that these carts are really meant for boat docks.  Stick with spoke wheels (which unfortunately all use neumatic tires with inner tubes).

Eagle Heights Community Gardens
"Organic Community Gardening in the UW-Madison Campus Natural Areas"
David Shiffert, Garden Committee Chairperson
909-D Eagle Heights
Madison, WI 53705-1611
(608) 238-7966