FW: Community and Sustainability: A weekend conference

  • Subject: [cg] FW: Community and Sustainability: A weekend conference
  • From: "Sally McCabe" <smccabe@pennhort.org>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:24:34 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Amy Nesbitt [mailto:amy@ic.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 7:43 PM
To: smccabe@pennhort.org

Join us for synergy and creation of community!
Community and Sustainability:
A weekend conference with the Fellowship for Intentional Community and
Earthaven Ecovillage.
June 1-3, 2001, near Asheville, North Carolina.

Held on 325 forested acres, Earthaven is a growing community with 55 full
members, and a steady stream of visitors and students. The creeks and spring
waters are clear and refreshing, and the forest is full of wonder.  There
will be workshops; networking, good food, music, a high-energy arts, crafts,
services auction and more!

Saturday, June 2, Workshops include:

*   "Building As If Breathing Matters" (Building Naturally) with Chuck Marsh
and Paul Caron
*   "Putting Humans In The Landscape" (Permaculture Basics) with Peter Bane
*   "Where Do We Go From Here? An Introduction to Ecovillages" with Patricia
*   "Environmental Education: Are We Ready to Take The Jump?" with Arjuna da
*   "Cultural Environmentalism" with Karen Henninger
*   "Visions of Utopia" with Geoph Kozeny
*   "When Our Bodies Speak, Is Anyone Listening" with Carol Swann
*   "Conflict - Does It Mean Your Group Is Sick or Just Paying Attention"
with Laird Schaub
*   "Forming New Communities" with Diana Christian
*   "Consensus Basics" with Tree Bressen
*   "Creating Culture Through Ritual"
*   "Egalitarianism"

Sunday June 3, "In-Depth with Earthaven":

An in-depth look at life at Earthaven Ecovillage. The morning begins with a
spiritual practice of your choice (including "the prayer of peaceful
repose", i.e., sleeping-in). Then, after breakfast, we'll go on a walking
tour of Earthaven, followed by a panel discussion with a variety of
Earthaven members --your chance to ask all those questions about the
realities of community life. During the afternoon, take your choice of two
presentations by Earthaven members on various aspects of our process:
Natural Building, Forestry, Family Life, Governance, Finance,
Ecospirituality, Land Stewardship, Growing Food, Education, The Village
School, Employment.

Earthaven was founded in 1995, inspired by a vision of a healthy,
multi-cultural, economically viable, spiritually diverse and ecologically
responsible community, living in ways that reawaken, heal and nourish both
our awareness of the fundamental oneness of creation and our conscious
connection with the natural world.

Please come join the fun!

* FIC board meeting
* Saturday Community and Sustainability Workshops
* Sunday "In-Depth with Earthaven"

phone: 828.669.3937
email: culturesedge@earthaven.org
mailing address: 1025 Camp Elliott Road, Black Mountain, NC 28711