RE: Starting up

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Starting up
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:33:11 -0400

Please read through the links on the American Community Gardening Association ("ACGA") for sample rules, policies and advice on garden governance and day-to-day maintenance.
http://www.communitygarden.org There are many links on the site to community gardens throughout the Americas and Europe. I always learn alot from reading how other folks manage to come together in a community an create local oases of green in their communities.
The garden where I volunteer is:
Show this stuff to your group. Most gardeners really don't want to work much harder than absolutely necessary ( easier on the back and knees!) The options that you will come up with should keep the "re-invention of the wheel" to a minimum.
Have a great gardening season & barbecue!
Adam Honigman
Happy gardening - let us know how things are working out for you,
Adam Honigman