posting from Ray Schutte

  • Subject: [cg] posting from Ray Schutte
  • From: "Anna Wasescha" ariel@tc.umn.edu
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 17:22:47 -0500

Title: Message
From: "Ray Schutte" <RSchutte@starbucks.com>
To: <LTanenb50@aol.com>, <community_garden@mallorn.com>

Yep, Starbucks is competitive.  However, well run small coffee houses
often find that their business improves when Starbucks comes to town.
Small shops are the companies biggest competitors.  Here in Seattle some
might fine small coffee shops compete next door and quite successfully.
Don't take my word for it, look at both sides in well balance article in
the Wall Street Journal.
cks.htm.  I never took the remarks personally.  No person or corporation
is perfect, but I can tell you Starbucks works hard at being a good
Corporate citizen.

Ray Schutte

"The truth of the matter is that the flower has cleverly manipulated the
bee into hauling its pollen from blossom to blossom." The Botany of
Desire, Michael Pollan

Anna Wasescha
1312 Dayton Avenue
Saint Paul, Minnesota  55104