Re: tobacco mosaic virus

  • Subject: Re: [cg] tobacco mosaic virus
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:09:40 EDT

Steve,

At the CCG, we ask folks who do smoke to please wash their hands before
gardening and not smoke when they are near people's tomato plants.

It's a common sense gardening practice, and we've found that when we ask
smokers nicely, they comply graciously.

I know that we've had discussions about smoking in the garden before, but I
know that by having a cigarette butt can in the grape arbor has reduced the
amount of cigarette butts around the garden and has reduced another possible
friction point among our 4,000 garden keyholders.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer

<< Subj:     RE: [cg] tobacco mosaic virus