Thanks to the AEI for this "news" item

  • Subject: [cg] Thanks to the AEI for this "news" item
  • From: greenroofs greenroofs@earthlink.net
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:22:52 -0400

We are greatly encouraged by the increasing recognition of our
opensource community. You can go to the source of this news item at:

I hope all our friends in Califonia will spread the word about the
BlueGreen solution that can utilize unlimited cooling energy that is
just off-shore - the cold Pacific ocean currents!

This item is bringing hundreds of new visits per day to our website:

This free electronic newsletter is published by the Alternative
Energy Institute, Inc., a non-profit educational organization. New
Energy Report highlights the latest trends in the rapidly changing
field of energy. Tell your friends to sign up now.

Simple yet innovative technologies can utilize the energy of the sun
to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Richard
Nelson has developed the SolarRoofGarden system, which uses
inexpensive materials and natural resources to heat, cool, and
insulate houses and buildings while also helping motivated
communities become more self sufficient in food production. Nelson's
concepts, which are ingeniously simple in their design, offer
additional paths to sustainable growth and development that can help
solve environmental problems without damaging the economy. While his
notion of using cool ocean water to reduce California's peak
summertime energy demand won't work in arid Nevada, other ideas
which include utilizing specialized foam, bubbles and plants will.
Avoid frustration while your state and federal legislators blow more
hot air; surf the SolarRoofGarden website to learn how simple
methods may help minimize your environmental footprint while saving
you money on your energy bill. See if Nelson's grassroots Internet
collaboration effort toward sustainability makes sense to you.

WATER & PLANTS = the BlueGreen solution for sustainable living!

Rick Nelson,
Peter J. Sullivan

We are BUILDING toward a more sustainable future.