sharing the dream and actualizing the goal.

  • Subject: [cg] sharing the dream and actualizing the goal.
  • From: "Feed from Seed" feedfromseed@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:11:26 -0400

My name is ed and i am one of the board members of a newly-forming NPO called "From the ground up,inc." We are based here in Orlando, Florida. We have a program in the works that is called "Feed From Seed" and it engages community members to grow gardens on their property, whether it be private, public, or commercial. The purpose is to help lessen the convienences in their lives as well as provide for ONE MORE. Through this tactic we can not only suppliment the local food banks-cost and supply- but also give to those in need the freshest and most nutritous veggies and fruits avaliable. This will steer the community off the berm and back on to the highway of salvation.

We have just recently statred this program, for we are so new, and have already seen the amazing results. Anne Makay, a social studies teacher and board member, has produced over 150 pounds of veggies for the coalition in just four weeks. Now imagine if the were more...there will be more.

For any ideas that you all might have on how to best facilitate more response from city officials to boost support, that would be much appreciated. Also if you would like to see the perameters of the program to use locally- a national coordination- then give us a shout. In any case let us build the lines of communication for we are all trying to satisfy the equation...help others, help themselves, so they may help others(in need). Good luck on the conference and remember the " ...people are always directed towards the truth" and it is on our side...peace E-mail: feedfromseed@hotmail.com

Feed from Seed
organized by From the Ground Up, Inc.
(407) 872-7367