short comment on Starbucks

  • Subject: [cg] short comment on Starbucks
  • From: "Garry Schuler" <schulerg@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 05:32:12 +0000

It is truly amazing to me how this little company that began in a space at Seattle's famed Pike Place Public Market by hippies has grown to be the megalomaniacal destroyer of whole civilizations (according to what I am reading on this listserve). Get a grip. Starbucks continues to grow because people like the coffee and are willing to part with their money. Personally, I like Tully's. My advice: keep buying what you like where you like it and keep those little guys in business they need you. If they grow to more than one store though, look out! They may be out to take over the world!

PS: Coffee farmers are more likely to be cheated by their own government than by Starbucks.

Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org