RE: Raised Bed Materials

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Raised Bed Materials
  • From: "utahgardens" <utahgardens@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 07:44:35 -0600

For recycled lumbers, I know that the Missouri Botanic Gardens in St. Louis
had a part of their program that took old pots and made lumbers from them.
The cost was 9.60 (near the cost of wood--without freight though) per 2 x 8.
The problem is they were 1/2 sold out of this years supply when I was there
in Feb. I forget what department that was doing it though. They seemed very
durable and it is definitely something we are looking into for next year.

Shane with Utah GARDENS