Re: Japanese Knotweed

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Japanese Knotweed
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 01:07:36 EDT

Some Japanes Knotweed links. Most have management suggestions.

WA State Knotweed Japanese Knotweed Alliance

National Parks Service,

Invasive Plants of Canada

Good luck,

Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: [cg] Japanese Knotweed
Date: 5/11/04 7:03:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: umshalom@yahoo.com
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Sent from the Internet

Hi Friends,

The fledgling Prescott Shalom Community Garden in Scranton PA is
getting underway. We have an 80'x160' urban lot -- about a quarter of
which is apparently infested with Japanese Knotweed. Some of the plants
are already almost 5 feet high. I've already made the mistake of
pulling up a few stalks and leaving them in a pile (I'll clean it up
right away!). I'm not exactly sure what to do next. Any ideas? I sure
don't want to have the rest of the garden contaminated by these things.

Regards,
jp duncan

To post an e-mail to the list:  community_garden@mallorn.com