  • Subject: [cg] Cats
  • From: "James Bourne" <JBourne@sarahlawrence.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:41:48 -0400

The person who runs the community garden to which I belong asked me if I knew of any non-lethal anti-cat remedies: there are some strays in our area that like to dig in plots -- and they're not gardening. The coordinator doesn't want to call animal control, for fear that the cats would just be euthanized. There are 40-50 plots in this garden. I've heard that mothballs can be effective, but 40-5o plots' worth might be overpowering. Any suggestions?