Fwd: May/June Events at the community garden!

  • Subject: [cg] Fwd: May/June Events at the community garden!
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:20:52 EDT

> Subj: May/June Events at the community garden!
>  Date: 5/9/05 8:45:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>  From: garlicgrower@green-logic.com
>  To: pasekoff@yahoo.com
>  Sent from the Internet
>

>   Hi, Folks!
>

> It's still one week to the last frost date, but things have been humming at
> the garden -- and we'll continue to be busy for the rest of the month!
>

> The Spring Work Day had to be cancelled because of rain, but St. Gabriel's
> is managed to get 3/4 of the wood chip paths completed on Friday and will
> finish the rest when they come for a "make up day" next Thursday.  They will
also
> install the brass trellis to complete the horticultural beds at the
> labyrinth on Wednesday.
>

> Here are the events for May and June:
>

> May 21, 10 am to 11:30 am, Flower Planting Workshop:  Sponsored by
> Communities That Care, the Phoenixville Recreation Department and St. John's
United
> Church of Christ Organic Community Garden.
>

> Bring your family to the community garden in the morning (412 Fairview
> Street, Phoenixville, PA), have lunch and then break in plenty of time to
get a
> good seat for the Dogwood Parade!  After this workshop, youbll know how to
pick
> out the healthiest plants at your favorite garden center and how to plant
> them so that theybll perform for you all summer. Webll have plenty of
annual
> flowers ready for hands-on planting, plus an entire plot has been set aside
so
> that small children can plant sunflowers all over it!  Everyone is welcome
> you do not have to be a Phoenixville resident to participate.
>

> May 23, 7:30 pm, Sharing the Harvest: People of Faith Respond  Sponsored by
> Chester County Commissioner Andrew Dinniman and faith communities of Chester
> County at Trinity Assembly of God Church, 1022 Pottstown Pike, West Goshen
> Township.
>

> This event will present and publicize the vast array of faith-based
> initiatives in Chester County that provide assistance to those in need, be
an
> opportunity for the faith community to hear about current programs that have
put out
> a call for more volunteers and to respond to that call, and for the county
> report, bPlanning for a Healthy Chester Countyb to be shared with the
faith
> community and for the faith community to respond to the needs outlined in
the
> report.
>

> Ibll be attending as community garden will have a table at this event b
if
> anyone wishes to carpool down, just let me know!
>

> May 24, 3 pm, Chester County Gleaning Program Kick-Off  Join Chester County
> Commissioner Andrew Dinniman at the community garden to celebrate the
> beginning of another gleaning season when Chester County farms and community
gardens
> gather and donate extra produce to local food banks/feeding agencies to see
> that the hungry of Chester County are well-fed.
>

> June 4, 1 pm, Labyrinth Dedication  Join those who helped construct the
> labyrinth (including the Mitchell Program of St. Gabrielbs Hall) to
celebrate the
> completion of this gift to the community.  The dedication will feature
> special music by Mib Campbell, the presentation of a certificate by State
> Representative Carole Rubley, and blessings from both the Christian and
Muslim

Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 08:45:22 -0400
From: "Alliums" <garlicgrower@green-logic.com>
Subject: May/June Events at the community garden!
To: "Fp \(fp\)" <pasekoff@yahoo.com>

[...]

get a good seat for the Dogwood Parade!  After this workshop, you'll know
how to pick out the healthiest plants at your favorite garden center and how
to plant them so that they'll perform for you all summer. We'll have plenty
of annual flowers ready for hands-on planting, plus an entire plot has been
set aside so that small children can plant sunflowers all over it!  Everyone
is welcome - you do not have to be a Phoenixville resident to participate.

May 23, 7:30 pm, Sharing the Harvest: People of Faith Respond  Sponsored by
Chester County Commissioner Andrew Dinniman and faith communities of Chester
County at Trinity Assembly of God Church, 1022 Pottstown Pike, West Goshen
Township.

This event will present and publicize the vast array of faith-based
initiatives in Chester County that provide assistance to those in need, be
an opportunity for the faith community to hear about current programs that
have put out a call for more volunteers and to respond to that call, and for
the county report, "Planning for a Healthy Chester County" to be shared with
the faith community and for the faith community to respond to the needs
outlined in the report.

I'll be attending as community garden will have a table at this event - if
anyone wishes to carpool down, just let me know!

May 24, 3 pm, Chester County Gleaning Program Kick-Off  Join Chester County
Commissioner Andrew Dinniman at the community garden to celebrate the
beginning of another gleaning season when Chester County farms and community
gardens gather and donate extra produce to local food banks/feeding agencies
to see that the hungry of Chester County are well-fed.

June 4, 1 pm, Labyrinth Dedication  Join those who helped construct the
labyrinth (including the Mitchell Program of St. Gabriel's Hall) to
celebrate the completion of this gift to the community.  The dedication will
feature special music by Mib Campbell, the presentation of a certificate by
State Representative Carole Rubley, and blessings from both the Christian
and Muslim tradition by the Rev. Linda Gruber.

The Perennial Garden Volunteers (6 humans and 2 dogs) are doing their best,
but the weeds are sprouting all over the place -- even if you can't come to
a special event, do stop by on Tuesday nights (5:30 pm to dark) and help