Re: Dealing with Deer?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Dealing with Deer?
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:19:12 -0400

Friends,

We don't have an issue with deer in Manhattan, but like the rest of the country, we do have the shameless problem of hunger.

Provided that you have someone who can butcher, refrigerate and distribute venison to local food pantries, why not "blow away," Bambi?  Venison steaks, etc, and as a soup stock is an excellent source of protein, and the beasts won't be eating your garden - the hungry will be eating them.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
Clinton Community Garden, NYC.