Re: Vermiculture Pioneer Passes

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Vermiculture Pioneer Passes
  • From: "Mike McGrath" MikeMcG@PTD.net
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:32:25 -0400

Oh damn--she was one of the good ones!
---Mike McG

----- Original Message ----- From: <adam36055@aol.com>
To: <community_garden@mallorn.com>; <cybergardens@treebranch.com>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 2:17 PM
Subject: [cg] Vermiculture Pioneer Passes

Mary Appelhof Obituary

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniels, Barbara <DanielsB@stcsc.edu>
To: Adam36055@aol.com
Sent: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:17:38 -0400
Subject: Gone: Mary Appelhof - vermicomposting

Adam: I believe Mary Appelhof may have contributed to the garden list serve. I know she was active in international dialogues. Please pass on to the community garden list if appropriate. Thx, B

Vermicomposting Pioneer Mourned
The Kalamazoo Gazette reported the passing May 3 of Mary Appelhof, a vermicomposting enthusiast known worldwide as the "Worm Woman." Appelhof was the author of Worms Eat My Garbage, and maintained a Web site called WormWoman.com that served as a source of worm composting resources and information. She had traveled internationally to exchange ideas on vermicomposting, and was dedicated to educating people about how worms could transform household waste into nutrient-rich fertilizer.
Posted May 13, 2005

Automatically scanned for viruses using McAfee Security.