RE: a public herb garden

I don't know if you've visited us during one of the NY Green Thumb/ Summer
Solstice celebrations at the Clinton  Community Garden,
http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org , but a public herb garden plot on the
eastern area of the garden has been maintained by volunteers for a very long
time. We ask garden key holders ( we have over 2,000) to take whatever
springs of herbs they need, but not to rip out whole plants. It has worked
well and is a favorite feature of our garden.

Great luck. Hope to see you sometime soon,

Adam Honigman
Clinton Commuity Garden