Christmas tree

No, but I honor you for planting a tree instead of just cutting one down. If
everyone who bought a cut down tree did something to plant one, too, (plant
a tree, donate to a reafforestation program, etc.) we'd give back to the
ecosystem a big gift.

This pagan tradition originally involved decorating trees outdoors, not
cutting them down, honoring the evergreen as a symbol of eternal life, of
life and light coming out of the "death and darkness" of winter. Pagans
forced to be Christians simply adapted this ritual to the imposed religion.

I encourage all you who buy a cut down tree to some how contribute to the
growing of at least one new tree this coming year. Actually, I encourage all
of you, no matter your affiliation, to do something to contribute to more
trees growing!

Merry whatever you celebrate!