SCHOOL GARDENING TALK, NEED SOME INPUT

  • Subject: [cg] SCHOOL GARDENING TALK, NEED SOME INPUT
  • From: "Sadler, Sally-Anne" <Sally-Anne.Sadler@METROKC.GOV>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:59:48 -0800

Title: SCHOOL GARDENING TALK, NEED SOME INPUT

 Hi all,

I am doing a talk, creatively called, 'what good is school gardening.'  this is a motivational sort of thing to school teachers and 4-h leaders in King County (Seattle WA)  I wanted to know if any of you have any 'canned' talk on the subject that I could look at to make sure I am properly plagiarizing from my cohorts nationwide as well as not missing any points.  If you have any such in such info., would you mind emailing them to me or pointing me to the URL, or whatever.  (Credit will be given, of course.)

What is especially needed is a curriculum list as mine was lost in the fire in May.  (I know, same old excuse...One little arson fire and I have an excuse for all of my shortcomings for the following millenniums.)  Any data on how school gardening fits in w/state learning requirements is also desired.

Electronic photos would be welcome as well.  Thank you in advance for your generosity in enriching our presentation.

Sally Anne Sadler
Urban Food Gardeners
WSU Coop Extension King County