RE: How organic is your garden?

  • Subject: RE: [cg] How organic is your garden?
  • From: Fred Conrad <fred.conrad@acfb.org>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 08:25:39 -0500

Jim,

one way to look at it is that using composted leaves in the garden is an
organic practice.  determining whether there are trace amounts of chemical
residues in the compost as a result of the collection procedure is something
that only organic certifiers and certified growers who are marketing to the
public should be worried about.  if you aren't selling the produce with an
organic label, i don't think it's an issue.

fgc
Community Garden Coordinator
Atlanta Community Food Bank
970 Jefferson Street, NW