Re: Slow Food

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Slow Food
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:33:30 -0500

Slow Food"
> decide to reach out, join and even start community gardens, then I'll take
> more of an interest in what they're doing.
> Of course, any time a "Slow Foodie" wants to come to my apartment as a
> public service and cook a nice artesanal meal for me and my wife when we
> come home, dead tired from work ( or any other poor wage slave, for that
> matter) then, I might eat my words ;=)
> Best wishes,
> Adam Honigman

How about an invitation to a potluck at your apartment, or to one in the
community garden late next spring?  I am willing to bet they would be
impressed by and interested in your local honey.  I mean who knew you could
create honey in the middle of NYC :-) ? And then you could see to what
degree they are already doing the things you listed, or could be introduced
to them.  You know already that the people are interested in and
knowlegeable about whole food and quality food.  It's a shorter step for
them than most people to quality growing and access to the bounty for all.
The coordinator/organizer for NYC is Allen Katz agk44@aol.com .