Re: FW: cinema and community development

  • Subject: Re: [cg] FW: cinema and community development
  • From: Daniel Winterbottom nina@u.washington.edu
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:23:08 -0800 (PST)

For many years there was a community outdoor movie series in the Fremont
nieghborhood of Seattle.  It was held in a parking lot? (don't know if
that fits with your interests) It was a model that has been used
throughout the country.  The lot has been redevloped and they are
currently looking for alternative sites. I wrpte a piece on it in and
article called "Residual Spaces" in Places magazine some 5 years ago?

There was also a castia garden on the lower eastdide NYC that I studies
that also used to show movies, the garden was removed by your truly
Gulliani.

Let me know if you need more info on these
Good luck
Daniel

Associate Professor
Daniel Winterbottom Department of Landscape Architecture
University of Washington
Box 355734
Seattle, WA 98195-5734
Phone 206 616 1876