Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1216 - 3 msgs

  • Subject: [cg] Re: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1216 - 3 msgs
  • From: bfbg@attbi.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:21:00 -0600

Shelly,
If you can track down a dynamic auctioneer with a great sense of fun that will relate well to your crowd, a real-time auction of the big ticket items can be a success. I attended a dinner event several years back that had the smaller items in the silent auction and auctioned off the others as part of the entertainment. The group loved it.

Bonnie Bowman

Hello,
I'm interested in finding a creative fundraising idea to go along with a
benefit dinner for Toledo's community gardening program. A typical
fundraiser is a silent auction, which is not out of the question, but I was
wondering if anyone had any other interesting ideas. This benefit dinner
will take place in September 2003. The crowd attending it will be...rather
well off. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Also, where will the next ACGA conference be. Thanks!

We are stardust . . . we are golden . . . and we've got to get
ourselves back to the garden.

Shelly Collins