re: cinema and communities

  • Subject: [cg] re: cinema and communities
  • From: David Peterson dayvidmp@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:41:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello Allison - I worked with the Green Guerillas in
New York City two summers ago and one of the
neighborhood garden coalitions they worked with did a
summer movie series in the gardens - it was maybe the
Brownsville group, I'm not sure. It was in brooklyn,
and I'm sure Rebecca Ferguson at Green Guerillas would
be able to tell you how to contact whoever put that
on. Her email is on their website, which should be
www.greenguerillas.org. Good luck, david

outdoor cinema as a
means to
> build community identity.  Do you know of any info
sources I might
try, or
> perhaps examples of  the use of outdoor screenings
in conjunction
with block
> parties abd community garden celebrations?
> Thanks for your time,
> Alison Maddaugh
> Landscape Architecture student
> Vancouver, Canada