slow food prices - Buy Locally

  • Subject: [cg] slow food prices - Buy Locally
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:33:08 -0500

I don't mind paying top dollar for first quality organic produce from a CSA
or farmer's market,  especially if I sense that the Mexican workers he
brought in the truck with him are treated OK.  I see NOFA, and the guy with
the rough hands says, "please" or "por favor" occasionally, when his guy
hauls out a crate, then it's a pretty good indicator.

This also means that you have to cook seasonally, and if that's from where I
live in the North East, means that my lettuce will be hydroponic and
tomatoes mean canned in spaghetti or fresh in the summer. The freezer is my
lifeline to the tastes of the summer.

Time for soups, grains,  beans, root vegetables and squash around here. Hot
borscht with dill anyone?

I'm getting old - stopped calling folks "enemies" a long time ago. "Fools"?
Well I'm one and many  are too. Just have to make sure that we don't hurt
anybody, much...

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman