Re: urban agriculture in Santiago?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] urban agriculture in Santiago?
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:10:48 EST

Dear Maggie,

The place to go for information on Urban Agriculture is Michael Levenston's
amazing Urban Agriculture website.  The organization, started in 1978 in
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada has had a website since 1994 - a de
rigeur read for anyone who cares about urban agriculture, food security and
community gardens. (Note: As I'm using my home AOL, I don't know if this link
that I'm cutting and pasting will work) <A HREF="http://www.cityfarmer.org/";>
Urban Agriculture</A>

Here is a link to an interesting paper,  abstracted in English with a large
Spanish text, which may provide some of the information you need:

<A HREF="http://www.cityfarmer.org/Chile.html#chile";>Urban Agriculture in
Portugal and Santiago, Chile</A>

Also, an amazing piece on Urban agriculture in Belem, Brazil by the same
author:

Isabel Maria Madaleno
isabel-madaleno@clix.pt
Ph.D. in Geography
Researcher
Portuguese Tropical Institute

You may want to address your further questions to this fine scholars at her
e-mail address. isabel-madaleno@clix.pt

<A HREF="http://www.cityfarmer.org/mango.html#mango";>Urban Agriculture in
Belem, Brazil</A>

Best wishes,