Teaching Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Teaching Gardens
  • From: "elizabeth rogers" earthmama_@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:24:40 +0000

Hello all out there in Cyber Space,

I am serving as an AmeriCorps*VISTA  in Burlington, Vermont. We are planning to start a teaching garden next Spring for low to moderate income folks to learn how to garden and grow food. We are going to grow mostly vegetables. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever worked with teaching gardens and if you have any helpful information. I am interested in how you organized the classes, how often you met, what you taught, if it was difficult to find participants, what you grew and anything else you can share with me.

Any information at all would be helpful. If you have any information you can send me, that would be great too. If you could,  send it to:

Liz Rogers

Friends of Burlington Area Community Gardens

33 Tracy Dr.

Burlington, VT 05401

Thanks! Liz

Elizabeth Rogers
AmeriCorps* VISTA
Friends of Burlington Area Community Gardens

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden