possible local govt recognition of cg's

  • Subject: [cg] possible local govt recognition of cg's
  • From: "Traci Cruz" TCruz@co.leelanau.mi.us
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:02:34 -0500

Great news from Northwestern Lower Michigan!  Our local Council of Governments has taken the first step in recognizing Community Gardens as an integral component of the cultural and recreational assets in our community by including them as an indicator in our regional quality of life index.  Hopefully, now our local funders and stakeholders can see quanitative value in what we, across the nation, are doing.

"Volunteers Make It Happen"
Traci Cruz
Master Gardener Volunteer Coordinator
Leelanau, Grand Traverse & Benzie Counties
MSU Extension-Leelanau
116 E. Philip St
Lake Leelanau, MI  49653

(231) 256-9888
(231) 256-9431 FAX

web:www.msue.msu.edu/leelanau
Michigan State University Extension programs and materials are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, or family status.  MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity institution.