Portland, ME Community Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Portland, ME Community Gardens
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:40:27 EST

While I am pretty familiar with  the Portland, OREGON community gardening program ( http://www.parks.ci.portland.or.us/Parks/CommunityGardens.htm), I didn't know much about Portland, ME.

Here's what I've learned from the web-  Go to http://www.ci.portland.me.us/rec.htm . You'll see that a Joan Perkins is in charge of the community gardens. Her Portland, ME phone number is

Other Contacts:

Bayside Neighborhood Association
Portland ME

Victory Gardens Project
Portland ME

Winter Cache Project
Portland ME

Good luck with your searching. Please contact the ACGA listserve directly with further questions, because other know alot more than I do about your area. Also, if any of these community garden groups have websites, please let up know so we can possibly link them to the American Community Gardening Association garden-by- region link page.

Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: RE: [cg] Fwd: Belfast, ME: Community Garden Planned.