Portland, ME Community Gardens

  • Subject: [cg] Portland, ME Community Gardens
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:40:27 EST

While I am pretty familiar with  the Portland, OREGON community gardening program ( http://www.parks.ci.portland.or.us/Parks/CommunityGardens.htm), I didn't know much about Portland, ME.

Here's what I've learned from the web-  Go to http://www.ci.portland.me.us/rec.htm . You'll see that a Joan Perkins is in charge of the community gardens. Her Portland, ME phone number is
874-8793.

Other Contacts:

COMMUNITY GARDENS
Bayside Neighborhood Association
Portland ME
207-415-0769
bayside_neighbors@msn.com

Victory Gardens Project
Portland ME
207-761-0114
pvg@riseup.net

Winter Cache Project
Portland ME
401-761-2909
wintercache@riseup.net

Good luck with your searching. Please contact the ACGA listserve directly with further questions, because other know alot more than I do about your area. Also, if any of these community garden groups have websites, please let up know so we can possibly link them to the American Community Gardening Association garden-by- region link page.

Everbest,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: RE: [cg] Fwd: Belfast, ME: Community Garden Planned.