Possible loss of Lake Ontario Conservation Area and City ofToronto Garden Plot Allotment on Leslie Street.

  • Subject: [cg] Possible loss of Lake Ontario Conservation Area and City ofToronto Garden Plot Allotment on Leslie Street.
  • From: Cheri Hill thegardenplot@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:36:16 -0800 (PST)

Is there anyway that the American Community Garden Association can help??    I was at your conference when it was held in Toronto last year.    Please forward this message to anyone you think would be interested.
HEADS UP-- NEWS ITEM HAPPENING!  Ontario, Toronto, City of Toronto possibly getting rid of City Garden Plots for roads and parking???? and other environmental concerns as there is a large conservation area at the bottom of Leslie Street south of the Lakeshore.  Also huge bird conservation area.
I heard a rumour about losing my garden plot and when I followed up on the information and inquired I received this email message.
I don't know more than this, how much land will be affected, when it will happen or where the meeting will be held nor if journalist can attend.  Let me know if anyone can find out more information that I can.  AND send message to other journalist or concerned environmentalist.  Thanks  Cheri D. Hill-Strathdee
 Print - Close Window Date:Tue, 01 Nov 2005 08:18:06 -0500From:"Steve Gimblett" <sgimblet@toronto.ca>To:Dhill2003can@yahoo.comCC:"Heather Chislett" <hchisle@toronto.ca>, "Sandy Straw" <sstraw@toronto.ca>Subject:Telephone messageHello There
This is in response to your telephone message inquiry ,.
with respect to your concern regarding losing garden plots as a result of construction .
Currently we are involved in pre plans for a major improvement of Leslie St South of the Lakeshore Blvd . This Thurs I will be attending a meeting with regards to this project and will table your concerns . If further info becomes available I will let you know
Stephen Gimblett
Park Supervisor
South District - East Region - E2
Tel: (416) 392-1432