Re: An African American "First", Toadstools/Mushrooms & Insurance

  • Subject: Re: [cg] An African American "First", Toadstools/Mushrooms & Insurance
  • From: "Mike McGrath" MikeMcG@PTD.net
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:31:43 -0500

this typically occurs when there is wood in the soil--roots left behind from a cut tree, buried construction debris--that kind of thing.
'Shrooms decompose dead wood--its what they do.
He can spread some lime or wood ash around to raise the pH, wilt the 'shrooms with a flame weeder (which also kills the spores), or of course, dig up the wood.
---Mike McG; www.youbetyourgarden.org

----- Original Message ----- From: <Adam36055@aol.com>