Scotts generosity

I have been following the comments about the Scotts company's donation
to the USBG. By accepting a donation from a company does not imply that
you endorse the products sold by the company. You are simply
acknowledging an act of good will given to a worthwhile pursuit.We need
to applaud good actions and not mix them with the other questionable
pursuits. As one of my mentors said concerning donations " It's all
tainted money, but it taint enough." I don't think that we can, with any
certainty, claim that a donation from a chemical manufacturer is
ethically wrong and a donation from a home improvement company is right.
Does the home improvement company sell Scotts products or
environmentally dangerous chemicals?
    I think the funding of Botanical Gardens is an appropriate use of
any money! Let's encourage these actions and continue to educate people
about environmental responsibility with these monies.

Mark Slater