RE: 25 ways to be a good steward

Comrades:

Thanks Laura for sharing this with all of us. Many of us do most of the
stuff included on the list and ask out neighbors to join in.

My addition: Be registered to vote, vote in every election, know your local
elected politicians and work to elect the ones who realize that sustainable
agriculture, farmer's markets, community gardens are your "hot buttons."
Once your electeds and appointeds know your point of view cultivate their
staffers ( these are the way your issues get presented, get thrown in the
garbage) get them hooked on fresh produce - fresh air - community gardens.

Be part of the process: 2 of our gardeners are members of our local commuity
board ( myself included.) A pint of fresh tomatos from the local garden,
stunning raspberries from the farmer's market (our local NYC Couuncil on the
Environment Greenmarket) goes a long way to make friends at a zoning
meeting, dreary meeting on commercial signage.

One sentence: Be a part of the political ecology of your region: Vote in
every election, let your elected & appointed representatives ( and more
importantly their staffs) know that responsible stewardship of our resources
is a "hot button" issue.

Happy gardening and organizing,
Adam