Re: Annual Evaluations

Hi, Gary!

>Does anyone have examples of surveys of gardens or gardeners...that try to
>show outcomes (better nutrition, decreased crime, increased interactions
>among neighbors, etc) rather than just outputs (pounds of vegetables, number
>of gardens, etc). If you have copies or ideas... could you email them to me.

Maybe you need to hit up the Mayor of San Francisco -- today's recipant of
Oprah's "Angel Network" was something called "The Garden Project" started by
a woman named (I think -- I kept getting calls today during Oprah -- very
aggrevating! ;-P) Katerine Sneed.  "The Garden Project" is at a jail in SF,
and gives misdemoenr inmates a chance to work outside and learn job skills.
Really great inmate gardeners get employed by the project once their "time"
is completed and then truck off the produce to farmers markets in housing
projects.  The SF Mayor and some official looking person (another phone call
-- missed who he was) both rattled on and on about how it decreased crime,
etc. etc.)

So, do we know this woman?  Does she belong to ACGA (she certainly has
enough cash for a membership fee! ;-D).  I think the rest of us need to get
our butts in gear and start applying for Angel Network funds -- you can do
it at Oprah's website at www.oprah.com

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of