  • Subject: [cg] healing
  • From: "donnette" <donnette@gateway.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:56:59 -0700

Hi All and especially those in New York,
I was thrilled to see that all my friends in NYC are safe.  We were abroad during September and it was hard to think of all of you and worry that you were not safe.
One of my roles as a Friends of P-Patch Board member is to work on the P-Patch Post newsletter.  Our next issue will attempt to address the role of community gardens in our collective healing, if there can be healing following a whole change of life as we knew it.
If any of you can direct me to resources, have personal accounts of what your community gardens have meant to you etc.  I would be most grateful.  For me, my garden was a respite, a place to vent my energies (by chopping compostables), and a place to meditate.  Nature is a wonderful balm.
I'm not sure if you heard that Jon Rowley, composter extraordinaire,  (and many other Interbay P-Patchers) schemed up a massive composting project.  As I understand it about 90  people helped prepare all the flowers that were brought to one of our large vigil sites at Seattle Center  for composting and the compost will be returned to Seattle Center next year for planting a memorial garden.  So, there are many paths toward healing.