Re: FW: squirels

Oddly, just watched part of a show on PBS where they were talking about how much problems they'd had with rodents and that since they started sprinkling chile powder and spraying with a liquid form of it, they'd had a significant reduction in rodent problems. A squirrel is a rodent. Should work for all the same reasons and I know you can buy that powder for bird seed to keep the squirrels out.

Of course, you'll have to reapply after rain and all, but other than that - see, I have this theory. The brain pan of a squirrel is, in my theory, built using the same technology as Dr. Who's Tardis. Because there is just NO way something with a head that small can be that smart. Or nasty. Cussed things used to bite the heads off of my gazanias just for the fun of it.

Good luck. Wish I'd had the chile solution to try back when I had my balcony garden.

laura@foodshare.net wrote on 10/2/2002
Can anyone suggest a solution for the info request below? Non-violent, I
would hope.
As always, please reply to the originator : Keith Anderson"