wood for raised beds
- Subject: [cg] wood for raised beds
- From: Lynn Gregor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:47:44 -0400
Question regarding longevity of untreated wood:
- Is it safe to paint the outside of the raised bed to at least provide a
little more protection against weathering? If yes, what type of paint would
be best to use? This of course has the dual purpose of incorporating art into
- How about digging the beds up and turning them over every year or so to even
out the weathering; ie, the wood that may begin rotting by being underground
all year could then be exposed to the air and sun to dry out? Does this sound
like one way to help increase the life span of untreated wood for raised beds?
Any other ideas about increasing the longevity of untreated raised beds?
Thanks for any info!
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden