garden preservation in the Twin Cities

  • Subject: [cg] garden preservation in the Twin Cities
  • From: "Anna Wasescha" ariel@tc.umn.edu
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:55:58 -0500

Title: Message
Garden preservation is the number one issue here in the Twin Cities.  Like New York City, community gardens on buildable vacant lots in the Twin Cities are on borrowed time.  Here is a link to an article the Minneapolis Star Tribune published about that issue last week:

Friends, this is another reason why the ACGA is such an important organization for all of us across the US and Canada, and even for our colleagues across the seas.  Membership renewals are going out from ACGA just now - I got mine in the mail last week.  Join with the ACGA to work on garden preservation for a thousand good reasons.  Those of us who work in community gardens may know every single one of them, but it's our responsibility to tell the rest of the world.  ACGA is how we get from being the lone voice to a choir of thousands.

Anna Wasescha

Farm in the City and ACGA Board Member
1312 Dayton Avenue
Saint Paul, Minnesota  55104