RE: land options

  • Subject: RE: [cg] land options
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@pennhort.org
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:55:33 -0400

Paraphrasing Einstein, problems cannot be solved with the mindset that created them.
Thus, how are we to have land that serves Earth and humans, when those who "own" it want it to serve as a profit generator. In the end, can't really.

I encourage people to realize and promote the idea that not ever square inch of land needs to be taxed and/or earning dollars, particularly if that land serves wellness of ecology and humans. That service IS the profit. Doubly so if that land is being maintained by volunteers, that is, unpaid labor. Put a dollar value on that labor and suddenly the land has "paid for itself."

So, if a piece of land is feeding people 17,000 pounds of food, why the heck does someone have to pay for the land? If the food weren't being grown, somehow money would have to be spent to feed the people.

NO TAXES OR LEASES OR COSTS FOR LAND THAT IS BEING USED TO KEEP EARTH AND US ALIVE AND WELL.

Free your head, your tail will follow. So let's drop the old school land ownership scam and really start living.

Paco John Verin
City Wide Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 North 20th Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA  19103-1495
Phone: 215-988-8885; Fax 215-988-8810