Eucalyptus leaves/stems & making a living doing Food Security in Community Gardens.

  • Subject: [cg] Eucalyptus leaves/stems & making a living doing Food Security in Community Gardens.
  • From: "a.h.steely" gfcp@mindspring.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:44:28 -0400

The cute Koala bear eats these I think, they are somewhat sluggish critters
and have a special digestive enzyme like the sloths that eat another more
poisonous tree.  That may be why someone advised not using Eucalyptus for
compost though I think that I saw some sort of concoction in the health food
store with Eucalyptus as an ingredient.

Thanks for the suggestion to use the phrase that is the business that I do
for a living.  The Extension Service person from Phila. Pa. also very
intensely kept repeating that Community Gardening is all about Food Security
that is also part of Homeland Security.  Well, I always knew that but now
the people of Penn State Univ. are saying that.

Sincerely,
Helen Steely
Harrisburg, Pa.