leaning community garden soil

  • Subject: [cg] leaning community garden soil
  • From: Ms Save the Ron Mandella community Garden savethegarden@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:12:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I am from a community garden in Sacramento. Our garden
is 30 years old and soil tresting just revealed that
there is lead, arsenic, DDT and PAH in the soil. The
state wants to destroy our garden to clean up the land
and then build condos on it. Does anyone know of ways
to clean thsose chemicals out of the soil (such as
using plants, diluting with multch, or using
microbes)that would not involve digging up the whole
garden and removing the dirt. If anyone could give me
specific information on this or ideas about to find
information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Evan

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/